Monday, March 22, 2010

Spring Cleaning

It is my heart's desire to be fantastic at four things: a servant of God, a wife to my husband, a mother to my son and a keeper of my home - in that order. I long to live out these things intentionally and with joy. But so often I find myself flitting from one random thing to another and ending my days in a grumpy funk.

In fact, I have been treading funk waters for the last couple of years. I have had a feeling of waiting - waiting for this mystical life that I planned to start. I was so set on this plan, that I have let the important things get a little dusty.

In the spirit of spring cleaning I am dusting off my priorities, taking all other things with margin, and praying that I will find joy right where I am. Because the truth is, I have the life I have always wanted - my God is good and full of lovingkindness, I have an amazing husband, a precious baby boy, and a little home of my own. Sure there are things that don't fit in my little dream life box - but I'm not sure that life is ever exactly what we want.

So, this is my re-commitment to my top four. Everything else can take a number - I'll get to them when I can.

Intentional Momma

2 comments:

  1. Inspiring.... Thank you for the kick in the heart!
    You are a gift to me as well, and I know I am farther down on your list... but I am forever grateful for your sisterhood and friendship!
    I LOVE YOU!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This right here...this is why i Love my wife.

    ReplyDelete