Monday, August 17, 2009

It' broken, but can be fixed

I can't help but relate our current calamity to my faith in God. I'm broken. Everyday I get up with a cracked brick, drywall in need of repair, a front door missing, grass gone awry....but my foundation is unshakable, solid and never in need of repair.

That's how I process and get through with the disasters that hit our family every couple of years. Our disasters just happen to be property related and easy for people to see. Others disasters can be hidden behind the walls of our hearts. The struggles of raising a child with special needs. The pain of a marriage in distress. The feeling of total abandonment by God when you don't feel He is answering your prayers. Disasters of spirit, of family, of the heart that no one may know about.

Ours are easily seen...and we are forced to deal with it openly. God hasn't put more on us than we can handle....but good Lord we're tired. Thank God He has put enough fuel in our tank to finish this race. He hasn't abandoned us, He sure hasn't abandoned you.

Josh
President of Husbandly Duties
Father of Noah
JandA Corp

3 comments:

  1. Son of my heart--you amaze me. I read your words and my heart is full of thankfulness to our God who is ever at work conforming us to His image. I read what you say, I watch how you live, and I see more clearly the One who is at work in and thru you to accomplish His good purpose. XOXOXO

    ReplyDelete
  2. See, that's exactly why I picked your to marry my sister!

    Let it never be said that I don't have good taste.

    Love you guys,

    Ari

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have to agree with your good taste. I cringe when I think of the conversation you had with Samuel six months before Josh and I started dating: You wanted me to date Josh and he wanted me to date John the Baptist. I'll take a hole in my wall over eating locusts any day!

    ReplyDelete