Friday, September 4, 2009

Episodes 3-5: Trenches, Scaffolding, Rubble & Dirt

Episode 3:

They began excavation on the house last Saturday (I know, I know I need to update more often) and there is giant trench around the entire side and curving around both edges.


The view from the back of the house...


Standing at the top of the trench....


Episode 4: No progress was made on the house Monday and Tuesday. When I went by on Wednesday morning the entire cinder block portion of the wall had been removed leaving my basement open to the air. I had to grab something really quickly from the house so I didn't take any pictures.

Episode 5: By the time I drove by later that evening it was already bricked up. Its amazing how fast they work. I guess when they are paying for the repairs its a little more motivating. These pictures are from today when we went to pick out brick to fill in where they wont be able to use the ones they removed from the house.


It is so wonderful to see progress being made. Soon we will be home - sleeping in our own beds, with our things in their rightful places. Maybe, just maybe we will be able to settle down into some sort of rhythm for our new life.

I can't wait for the day.

The Momma

The Momma

No comments:

Post a Comment