Monday, April 6, 2009

Greetings, Salutations... And A Clarification (Sort of)

Hello Everyone,

It is long past time for my first post here. Apparently it is not enough that I roll my newly rotund body out of bed every morning, scoot in to work only two minutes past eight despite the fact that I live 10 minutes away, manage to keep my eyes open all day, and trudge home on the last dredges of energy and patience only to collapse on the couch in a sleepy stupor. No, I can't simply enjoy the cleverness of my mower man husband, I too must scour my soul for creativity to update you on the various and sundry details of our soon-to-be parents life in a entertaining manner.

OK, now that the whiny run-on sentences are our of my system (hopefully), I can continue...

My subject today is the name of our blog. Why JandA Corp? Well, JandA is easy - J for Josh, and for - well and, A for Abby. But Corp, why would we use Corp? Are we trying to intimate that we are running a business of our marriage? Maybe that its a little CEO tumbling and turning in my belly? The truth is that there is really no reason other than it sounded funny. But we can't say that, so I have turned to Dictionary.com to see if they can help validate why we chose such a name - surely there is some definition we could use. This is what they said:

1. an association of individuals, created by law or under authority of law, having a continuous existence independent of the existences of its members, and powers and liabilities distinct from those of its members.

What?

2. (initial capital letter) the group of principal officials of a borough or other municipal division in England.

Hunh?

3. any group of persons united or regarded as united in one body.

OK, getting better. This makes a little more sense.

4. Informal. a paunch; potbelly.

Ooooh, I like that. It fits both Josh and I. We have a winner!

Abby
The Womb

No comments:

Post a Comment