Sunday, April 5, 2009

I am the lawn mower man.....

And I have come to steal your grass's soul. I'm like the Dread Pirate Roberts, my cloak is aflame and I'm crashing at the gates to beautify your lawn....not really. I wouldn't cut your lawn...unless good ribs were involved.

Our lawn was in serious need of cutting. It's rained off and on over the last several weeks and the grass has been to wet to bag, and to long to mulch. So yesterday morning, morning dew be damned, I started up the mower and headed to work.

In my yard I have a 3:5 ratio of weeds to grass. I have the kind of lawn my mother likes to eat. She will go to the store, buy a bag of "spring mix" salad and in reality....I have enough edible weeds in my yard to satisfy her taste for lawn......love ya mom.

The wild onion in my yard is so dominant that I'm concerned that they have started a "grass" roots effort to communicate in secret about their own plans for my yard. They had one of their alleged secret meetings in my backyard along the back fence line yesterday morning. The onion saw me coming, put up their best defenses...yet I mowed them over with malice.

Now to the outside observer my body language and facial expression would not have been one of malice...it would have been 300 pound man pushing lawn mower bawling his eyes out. The onion was SO strong that I cried like a new born.....but the onion was defeated....or so I thought.

This morning as I walk Raleigh dog, I saw a smattering of onion stems poking up proudly in my yard. I guess the home office didn't let them know that I am the champion....my friend....and I suppose my onion will go on fighting to the end.

Josh
President of Fatherly Duties
JandA Corp.

No comments:

Post a Comment