Friday, April 3, 2009

The Roof, the roof, the roof was on fire!

Yesterday was the three year anniversary of our house fire. It's been three years since I was standing in the living room of our apartment, heard and felt the shotgun blast that was the lightning bolt that caught the roof on fire. It was a harrowing day, but it did have it's humorous moments.

For instance, I thought the fire would only consume our bedroom, and so I carefully laid out my wife's wedding dress on the couch because I thought it would be safe. It was safe from the fire...just not the embers, timbers and water. That dress is still at the cleaners.

After the fire, we hung up all of our clothes, blankets, towels and other assorted goods to dry on the fence of my parents house. No less than 3 people came by to peruse our "garage" sale. I wonder if those people thought....why is someone selling items that have all been singed? I know I would have!

Here are some pictures.

Fearless Leader....Salvaging The rest are just a hodgepodge the damage. Enjoy...we did :D



Josh
President of Fatherly Duties
JandA Corp.

No comments:

Post a Comment