Thursday, April 16, 2009

I have to dig a ditch.

I don't really have to, but if my basement wall is going to dry out before the end of time I have to divert the water away from the foundation of my house. Normally this would be an easy endeavor involving several types of shovels, a pick axe, tamping bar, sweat, blisters, and muddy feet. I'm not dealing with normal. I have a tree 10 feet from where I need the ditch to be....and I fear that in the ditch that was began by a nice young man named Pancho Villa (not his real name) I have already killed the tree while slicing through roots, but that the down hill slope I need for drainage won't work where the ditch was began. Oh...and I also have to deal with my natural need to procrastinate.

No worries though as I will spend this afternoon doing my best not to kill the tree while getting the hole deep enough to bury corrugated pipe, but not to deep that the water won't drain, and not to shallow that there will be a hump in the middle of my yard.

I'm so excited that my fingers can barley type out this sentence.....can you feel it?



yay.



I wonder if I can train Raleigh dog to dig in a specific area so I can sip tea and let her get that digging aggression out. Maybe I can lace the ditch with peanut butter......the procrastination is strong with me.

Josh
President of Fatherly Duties
Procrastinator Extraordinaire
Janda Corp

No comments:

Post a Comment