Tuesday, June 9, 2009

6 days old

In 24 hours Noah will be a week old....a week. I remember sitting on the couch last week trying to imagine what would happen the next day when we went in to induce. I imagined the typical hollywood version of birth with the mother screaming in agony, sweating bullets, cursing the moment of conception, then a little cry and everything is right in the world.

I imagined things going wrong and having to make snap decisions that could impact the rest of our lives. What if we needed a c-section, what if Noah went into serious distress, what if...and praying that God would protect the impending delivery, the health of Abby and the health of Noah.

Then I experienced the real thing and it went better than we ever expected. God answered our prayers, even those we didn't need to ask, and provided us with a perfect little boy that is the joy of our world much less being our son for nearly six days. Six days.

On the way home.


Wonder of wonders


Making double sure he's buckled in


Son takes after papa


Wide awake and curious


Looking through you


Mid sneeze


Dubious about what's going on


Momma with Noah





With Toot's


Josh
Taker of Naps

4 comments:

  1. Seriously the yummiest "Belbeck" I have yet to see! I want to kiss his face, smell his sweet breath and and remind him that he is my "favorite" (nephew that is) and I am his "favorite" (Aunt that is...sorry Ariel)! Isaiah was almost a Noah.... now I have both! I must come get a fix tomorrow!

    Auntie jess

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey now. Seeing as how I guessed his name I think I might have dibs on the "favorite aunt" status! We're connected, see. He loves me. I know he does. We might not have actually met yet but that is beside the point!

    Ariel

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am his favorite non-nutritious source.

    Glad that settles that :D

    ReplyDelete