Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Epidural is In....and the Parantal units are ecstatic

I'm not a squeamish person. It takes a lot for me to either throw-up, or feel light headed. In fact, I've told the doc that I want to play catch so I can have that special mucousy bond with my progeny and steal Cosby's famous "I brought you into this world, I can take you out" line.

The anesthesiologist came in to place the line and being the curious fellow that I am I wanted to watch. They tried to kibosh that idea because they thought I would faint. Being a betting man when I know I'll win I tried to bet them that IF I fainted that I would buy them dinner wherever they wanted....but if I didn't, they would have to buy me dinner wherever I wanted. I had no takers so I snuck a peek. Here is the needle used. For my friend Danny....don't look...it won't end well for you and then all your base belong to me.



Here are the parentals looking SO happy to be here.

GeGe and Beka (Josh's Parents)


Toots (Abby's Mom)


Josh
President of Fatherly Duties
Treasurer of Emerging Progeny
JandA Corp.

6 comments:

  1. hey buddy! praying for you & Abby and your baby girl (hopefully...I'm tired of boys!!) Ha Ha. We'll love HIM even if he is a HIM. Can't wait!! Kroekers

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just have to say that when I had Kiera they stuck me EIGHT times with said needle... Luckily I hadn't taken any classes and had no idea what they were doing. Although I did keep wondering why Bob got whiter and whiter each time they stuck :O)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'M WAITING, HOLDING MY BREATH! CAN'T WAIT TO SEE THE NEW AND IMPROVED BELBECK (I HEAR THERE QUITE EXPENSIVE ) LOL SUSANN

    ReplyDelete
  4. Tammy,

    We had a "student" do ours and they got it in one stick. I was impressed....but we don't know if it works yet because they haven't turned it on just yet.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I was blissfully unaware of the size of an epdiral needle (even after three kids) - until now. Thanks for that fabulous picture burned in my brain, Josh! Anywho... I had the meconium stuff with Kinsley, too. No biggie. They'll probably just keep things quiet when the baby is born so nothing is inhaled by tiny lungs. And then you will have that precious moment of your voice being the very first sound on those tender ears. Davy will never forget that moment. Give Abby big hugs and lots of love from me. If I wasn't home with three of my own, I would be waiting at the door for this little squirt!!!

    ReplyDelete