Saturday, June 6, 2009

Birth Day + 3

Third day after Noah's birth -going on four days in the hospital for me.

All is going well. Noah still has jaundice but at this point his body is processing it as fast as he produces it - under the lights. He is well within safe levels so the docs have decided to let him take a rest from all that tanning and hang out with his mom and dad to see how he does on his own. They will run tests again at five pm - if all goes well we might be able to take him home tonight.

I am doing well and feel surprisingly good for having birthed a 7 pound baby a matter of days ago. Josh has been incredible and has been right at my side to help every step of the way. He is one proud papa and I can't wait to watch him father our little boy.

On a side note, our car broke down last night while Josh was out getting dinner (thankfully only a short walk away from the hospital). He is currently out working on getting it towed to the mechanic....If its not one thing its another right? Where did I get the idea that "stuff" would slow down when I gave birth?

Right now, this morning, at this point, all I can do is chuckle a little at my life and cuddle my baby.

Abby

The Momma

1 comment:

  1. What great perspective.."little Momma!" I love you and can't wait to get my hands on him later!

    ReplyDelete