Wednesday, June 17, 2009

A Whole New World

At least once a day, Josh or I will tun to the other in disbelief and say "We have a kid." Nine months of pregnancy, eight hours of labor, and two hours of pushing didn't prepare us for this reality. Well, they didn't prepare me - and I'm the one who experienced all of that first hand.

Two weeks to the day that Noah entered this world, I am still trying to adjust to to my new life. Nothing will ever be the same, normal doesn't exist anymore, lack of sleep is kicking my butt - and yes I realize that none of this is profound or new. But its new to me and I don't think anyone can be truly prepared for this kind of change.

So the question is - Is it worth it? The six months of vomiting, the swelling, the weight gain, the heartburn, the labor, the pushing, the lack of sleep, the gazillion dirty diapers, and the complete topsy-turvy nature of my world right now....Yes...
YES!

A million times yes...

The Momma

1 comment:

  1. Your post made me teary!!! You are such a great littla momma.... a natural! And what a dear husband and DARLING boy you have! Your journey as a momma is filled to the brim with adjustments.... hang on, it's the ride of your life!

    I love you, sister of my heart!
    Jess

    ReplyDelete